Are you looking for a unique birthday experience or a fun and educational class field trip? Art Explorium can be reserved in advance for your special events. These activities give children the opportunity to learn about creating art and taking care of our planet in a fun and welcoming setting.
Calling all teachers! Bring your class in to Art Explorium for a fun and educational field trip. Here’s some helpful information on our Field Trip program:
- Bring your students to our fun Kaimuki studio to do art activities specific to your curriculum (ages 3 + up).
- $5 per student.
- Our space can accommodate one class at a time.
- Special focus on reused materials.
- Before you come in, we encourage your students to collect reusable “trash” items for use in their art projects. Click here for ideas on what you can bring in.
- Visit our Education page for some creative reuse art activities you can do in your own classroom with your students.
- Funding is available from Kokua Hawaii Foundation for environmental field trips, including a visit to Art Explorium.
Celebrate your child’s big day with a pARTy! An Art Explorium staff member will guide you and your guests on an art adventure. We provide everything children need to let their imaginations run wild.
Our standard pARTy costs $200, which includes:
- The private use of our Kaimuki art studio for 2 hours, for up to 10 children. At our discretion we may allow a few more children to attend for an additional fee of $10/child.
- A staff member to provide guidance and assistance with art activities.
- Full access to our white board, magnet wall, chalk board wall, and Library Corner.
- Creative fun at our signature Trash-to-Treasure art station, which includes a wide variety of materials, and art supplies!
- A custom art activity that relates to your child’s interests or the pARTy’s theme (for example, butterflies or outer space). *If you have a special request for an activity we will consider it, but we ask that you let us know as soon as possible so we have time to prepare.*
- The use of our supplies and a variety of interesting reused materials for creating art. (Children are welcome to take home their art creations.)
- Food and drinks are not provided but you are welcome to bring your own. We do not have a refrigerator on-site. In the interest of being green, we provide reusable dishes, silverware and napkins for use during your pARTy.
- The use of a speaker so you can play the music of your choice, or you are welcome to use our iPod/iPad
A few more important party details:
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is due with your reservation. The balance is due the day of your event.
- As noted above, the maximum number of children is 10 (with a few extra at our discretion). In addition, our maximum party size is 20-25 total people in our studio (including children and adults). If you have questions about your event size please feel free to contact us. Our priority is to make sure the children have enough space to create.
- *If you are having an Art Explorium pARTy please tell your guests to come early to find parking, as it can get crowded on weekends.*
- We normally hold pARTies on Saturdays from 10 am to 12 pm. You can come at 9:30 to set up, and we ask that everyone is out of the studio by 12:15pm as we need time to prepare for Open Studio at 1:00.
- Any other pARTy days and times depend on studio and staff availability. If you would like us to consider another time please let us know.
- Feel free to contact us for more information (808-312-4316, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please note that our base birthday party price increased to $200 effective March 2015.
Sometimes Art Explorium holds art events out in the community or in our studio. Please check our Calendar to see what events are coming up.