Art Explorium pARTies
Celebrate your child’s special birthday or holiday event with a pARTy! An Art Explorium staff member will guide you and your guests on an art adventure. We provide everything children need to let their imaginations run wild.
Our standard pARTy costs $250, which includes:
- The private use of our Kaimuki art studio for 2 hours, for up to 10 children. At our discretion we may allow a few more children to attend for an additional fee of $10/child.
- A staff member to provide guidance and assistance with art activities.
- Full access to our white board, magnet wall, chalk board wall, and Library Corner.
- Creative fun at our signature Trash-to-Treasure art station, which includes a wide variety of materials, and art supplies!
- One-two custom art activities that relate to your child’s interests or the pARTy’s theme (for example, butterflies or outer space). *Our staff generally comes up with the art activities but if you have a special request we will consider it, but we ask that you let us know as soon as possible so we have time to prepare.*
- The use of our supplies and a variety of interesting reused materials for creating art. (Children are welcome to take home their art creations.)
- The use of our reusable dishes and silverware during your pARTy (bowls, plates, cups, forks). Food, drinks and napkins are not provided but you are welcome to bring your own. We do not have a refrigerator on-site.
- The use of a speaker so you can play the music of your choice, or you are welcome to use our iPad.
*Please note that our pARTy price increased as of February 2020 due to increased costs. If you already booked a pARTy and paid your deposit we will honor the old rate.
A few more important party details:
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is due with your reservation. The balance is due the day of your event.
- As noted above, the maximum number of children is 10 (with a few extra at our discretion). In addition, our maximum party size is 20-25 total people in our studio (including children and adults). If you have questions about your event size please feel free to contact us. Our priority is to make sure the children have enough space to create.
- *If you are having an Art Explorium pARTy please tell your guests to come early to find parking, as it can get crowded on weekends.*
- We normally hold pARTies on Saturdays from 10 am to 12 pm. You can come at 9:30 to set up, and we ask that everyone is out of the studio by 12:30pm as we need time to prepare for afternoon programs.
- Any other pARTy days and times depend on studio and staff availability. If you would like us to consider another time please let us know. Usually the only other time the studio is available is in the evening.
- Feel free to contact us for more information (808-312-4316, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Throw an Earth-Friendly Event!
At Art Explorium we try to be an earth-friendly art studio. Please consider the environment when you plan your pARTy. Here are some suggestions:
- Use our reusable utensils and dishes.
- Encourage your guests to bring their own filled reusable water bottles to minimize single-use beverage containers. Or bring large containers of juice or fruit-infused water and use our reusable cups.
- Our studio is already pretty colorful but if you want to bring additional decorations, we encourage you to bring earth-friendly decorations instead of things like balloons or single use plastic tablecloths that will end up in the landfill. We also have Happy Birthday banners that you can use.
- For more ideas on how to throw a healthy. earth-friendly celebration please check out Kokua Hawaii Foundation’s handout on Healthy Snacks and Waste-Free Celebrations. This applies more to classroom parties but it includes some great suggestions!
Other Special Events
Field Trips at Art Explorium
If you are a teacher and would like to visit our studio on a field trip with your class, please visit our Educator Resources page for more information.
Art Explorium Pop-Ups / Community Events
Art Explorium hosts pop-up art events at various community events throughout the year. Some of the popular locations are Kahala Mall, South Shore Market at Ward Village, Hawaii Convention Center, Kapolei Commons, and more. We also host some community events in our studio such as our annual Reuse mART on the first Saturday after Thanksgiving. Please check our Calendar to see what events are coming up.
If you would like to invite us to your community event please email email@example.com. Please note that we are a very small non-profit organization so we can’t always get out into the community as much as we would like.