Saturday, December 9, 9 am – 12:30 pm
Join us this holiday season as we combine imagination and sustainability! We’ll provide fun activities, upcycled gifts and ideas on how to cut down on waste for the holidays.
Stop by the Reuse mART to:
- Shop our adorable “trash to treasure” kits (they come in all the colors of the rainbow!)
- Purchase gift cards & wrapping paper, all made from recycled or donated materials
- Plant a mini succulent in a jar and fill it with your choice of fun goodies
- Make all natural tooth paste and bath scrub with our friends from Kōkua Hawai`i Foundation
- Shop handmade items from local artisans, including all-natural soap from the Indigenous Soap Company and ceramic pieces by Garid Chapman
- Design your own ornaments and holiday cards
- Get some Art Explorium swag including t-shirts, aprons, and gift certificates for the keiki on your list
- Learn more about reducing holiday and everyday waste
- Bring your own mug or borrow one of ours to enjoy a tasty holiday beverage
- Questions? Contact us at 312-4316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cut down on waste and help support our children’s art programs by purchasing one of our fun DIY kits. All kits are made from donated materials and assembled by our amazing volunteers. This year we’ve been bottling kits in all the colors of the rainbow!
Please keep in mind that no two kits are exactly alike, and that’s what makes them special! Take your kit home and make art that’s as unique as you are. And don’t be afraid to add other recycled materials that you find around the house.
Stationery and Gift Wrap
Each set includes six hand-cut cards and envelopes–Perfect for the holiday season or other special occasions.
Handmade Wrapping Paper
We’ve turned leftover paper from print and media companies into adorable wrapping paper!
Instead of purchasing brand new store-bought tags, why not pick up a bag of our hand-cut tags made from leftover scrapbook paper?
Gift Wrap Station
Stop by during open studio December 18-23rd to use our eco-friendly gift wrap station. All of our supplies are recycled and/or have been donated by people who can’t use them anymore. Use our stuff to cut down on your holiday waste and holiday stress. Suggested donation is ¢25 per gift but not required. We welcome everyone to join us in making the holidays merry and green~
Resources on Reducing Holiday Waste
12 Days to a Green Holiday Bookmark (Kokua Hawaii Foundation)
Green Holiday Educator Guide (Kokua Hawaii Foundation)
Green Holiday Educator Guide Vol. 2 (Kokua Hawaii Foundation)
Simplify the Holidays (Center for a New American Dream)
Green Your Holidays (American Museum of Natural History)
The Most Wasteful Time of Year Infographic (Center for Biological Diversity)
Plastic-Free Shopping Guide (The 5 Gyres Institute)
Donating to Art Explorium
Mahalo for your support! The Reuse mART and other Art Explorium programs are made possible by your generous contributions. Before donating recycled materials to us, please take a moment to look over the kinds of items we can and can’t accept. Please also note that we can we can only accept product donations during studio hours. For more info, contact us at 312-4316.